These ethics are not to be found in the origin text of any pagan religious tradition or worldview. They sum up all that is good in human civilization, all that is beneficial for life in vibrant community.
1. The power to give. God expressed his creative power by giving blessings to human beings, all of whom are made in the image of God. We reflect God's power by giving blessings to one another, rather than by taking or destroying.
2. The power to live in the light. The relationship between Creator and human beings was designed for openness, honesty, goodness. True communication is grounded in these positive qualities.
3. The power of informed choice. Standards of right and wrong exist within the Creator. He set boundaries and communicated them for our well being while allowing freedom to wander outside and reap destruction.
4. The power to love hard questions. The biblical worldview fears no question because all the answers are found in God the Creator, who reveals himself in nature and Scripture.
5. The power to love enemies. God loved before anyone loved Him. We follow His example by loving people as image bearers of God, no matter what they believe or do. We are to love any person who opposes us in any way. The ultimate goal is to make friends of enemies.
6. The power to forgive. When someone sins against us, "the power to give" transforms into the "the power to forgive." Just as God initiated forgiveness, we offer forgiveness to one another as the key to reconciling broken relationships.